PLAN COLLABORATIVE AND VIRTUALLY
Learn the VDC Process.
Virtual design and construction (VDC) is the management of integrated multi-disciplinary performance models of
design-construction projects, including the product, work processes and organization of the design - construction - operation team in order to support explicit and public business objectives.
The theoretical basis of VDC includes:
1. Engineering modeling methods: product, organization, process
2. Analysis methods - model-based design: including quantities, schedule, cost, 4D interactions and process risks.
3. Visualization methods (Read more about the BIM CAVE)
4. Business metrics - within business analytics - and a focus on strategic management
5. Economic impact analysis, i.e., models of both the cost and value of capital investment
You can learn about this in the course: VDC & Lean